Sunday 9 October 2011

Sunday a day of rest?

Old Saint Paul's viewed from the balcony at the back of the church
 
I spent the morning preaching and celebrating at the Good Shepherd Murrayfield (babies and the baptising thereof was left to the Deacon Brenda!) and then went to lecture on the history of St Michael and All Saints where I am officially attached.  Most illuminating it was too!  Curates with rich wives, mega wealthy High Church spinster sisters, social outreach to fallen women - good rollicking stuff!  Tonight I had a fancy for Evensong and tootled off to Old St Paul's where Anglican chant and Stanford in A reminded me that I am at heart a "Stale Expressions of Church" man, rather than a "Fresh Expressions" fiend!  Then a fish supper for my tea - life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment