Friday 16 January 2009

One of those days.

Yesterday had the dubious joy of the Publisher programme having a bad hair day while we were doing the order of service for a Requiem. More than made up for by a lively session with an S1 class at the High School where for the 1st time in my life I was asked "Was Jesus gay?" (who knows?). Then a session with the Higher class on how to get to heaven. I was very good really - I didn't say train to Euston, tube to Charing Cross, right, right and right again! I ended up trying to sort out the necessity of faith, good works and sacraments and ended up by saying all are useful, but ultimately it's all about grace. Faith and good works being products of grace and sacraments being channels of grace. How terribly Lutheran of me!
Today could have been a disaster, as there had been a flood overnight in the office. My service orders, luckily were at the other end of the office. The Old Kirk's were not Hee! Hee! Hee! God is an Episcopalian! And so the Requiem went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment