Sunday 12 September 2010

The Illusionist

There are some pleasures which come quite unexpectedly - and tonight had one of them.  I finally got along to see the film "The Illusionist".  Leaving aside the excellence of the animation (which painted Edinburgh in the most splendid light possible - I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world!) and the quirky French/Scottish humour (the chippy menu was a delight!), it was the most wonderfully gentle, wistful and elegiac story, beautifully crafted and wonderfully rendered.  If you haven't seen it yet, move yer bahookie and catch it while you can!

1 comment:

  1. Never saw that flick. I have read some things
    about it.

    I hope your well and enjoying life.
    Work has been kind to you from what I
    can gather, I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete