Wednesday 25 August 2010

Laus Deo.

Having finished my Festival with the Gospel at Colonus (ace!) and 2 comedy acts, it was back to work with a heap of overtime duly bagged for this week (money makes the holidays better I find),  the news that i will be taking a service user on holiday in September (expenses paid trip to a CentreParc (!) with overtime and sleepover thrown in!!), a supervision session this afternoon (good reviews for Dougal :-)) and a trip to the Cathedral for Evensong with a rather decent quire of Cannucks.  The Anthem was a variant of Psalm 30, the last 2 verses of which spoke to me.

"Thou hast turned my heaviness into joy, thou hast put of my sackcloth and girded me with gladness. Therefore shall every good man sing of thy praise without ceasing.  O my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever."

Yes, that is a statement I can really affirm these days.  Disaster yielded a new spring and I do feel more like singing these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment