Monday 31 August 2009

Monday morning

Well, I think the change is in progress. In a funny little vignette last night I was introduced to someone as "a priest of the diocese", not as a Rector. It felt slightly odd. Not as demoted exactly (I'm sure that certainly wasn't the intention) but almost...stateless? It also feels a bit funny not to have a therapists appointment, but I have a number of plans to push out and just have to get on with it.

That reprobate subversive leftist Bill Brockie (Peace be upon Canon Fidel!) gave me a "Lady Thatcher dies" postcard: the back is marvellous! Addressed to "Elizabeth Windsor", it proclaims to Hanoverian Betty:

"In the event of Margaret Thatcher
being given a state funeral, I will

Demonstrate along the route. This will include
co-ordinating with others to sing

"Ding Dong, the Witch is dead" throughout the entire procession.

Let off fireworks.

Hold a BBQ by Westminster Abbey wearing a comedy apron.

Hire ventriloquists to throw their voices, shouting
"Why is it so dark in here?"

Throw coal at the coffin.

Brilliant!!

2 comments:

  1. Startlingly Christian of Bill, all things considered. I wonder what his recommendations would be for the inevitable funerals of Messrs Brown and Blair?

    ReplyDelete