Friday 21 May 2010

Thank Crunchie it's Friday!

Yep. Definitely. I arrived at work to the crash of flying crockery and after a day of medical intervention's am glad to be off for the weekend. Thanks be to God for the guy who discovered diazepam! Not a chemical cosh used properly but a very handy tool for relieving anxiety.

Last night I took myself to the pictures to see "American" a documentary about the American comic Bill Hicks. Surprise surprise, he did his best work after kicking the booze and joining AA. A brilliant sometimes scabrous wit who died way too young of pancreatic cancer at 32. Tonight I shall go and anoint at NiteKirk and play spot the General Assembly escapees! I have no idea what to do tomorrow but offer this little God shaped bit from the Tao Te Ching as a thought for tonight:

"Be content with what you have
Rejoice in the way things are
When you realise there is nothing lacking
The whole world belongs to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment